This week, Ariel and MJ discuss how they choose their projects: sometimes it’s all about yarn, sometimes it’s a type of item, or sometimes it’s a specific pattern. What inspires you to knit a particular project?
Episode 25: I Want to Knit That!
Featured intro music excerpt: “I Wouldn’t Believe Your Radio” by Stereophonics
What we’ve been up to
MJ has been knitting
- Not knitting :-/
Ariel has been knitting
- Working on New Year socks
- Started and finished a blanket square for a swap.
Ariel’s WIP Counter
Beginning WIPs: 35 projects
minus Finished Projects: 1
plus New Projects Started: 1
… grand total of 35 current WIPs (even though we miscounted in the episode – it’s thirty FIVE, not thirty six :))
I want to knit that!
- Choose yarn from stash and look for patterns that use that yarn
- Colors – probably not the best idea to use dark or heavily variegated yarn for complicated lace or cables
By type of garment/item/feature
- Type of item – Hat, shawl, sweater, sock, etc
- Feature of item – type of fabric/texture, stitch patterns, etc
- “I want to knit that!” – instant attraction
- Unusual construction
How do you choose your project? What inspires you? Share your stories!